Saturday, May 26, 2018

The Best Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodles


Hooray for Friday and the upcoming Weekend! We moved to a new house this past week and I’m exhausted! Our house is still in the same area, but moving just isn’t easy, no matter how far you go! My kitchen is finally put back together so I think that calls for some fresh baked cookies.

The ingredients for these snickerdoodles are ones I always have on hand, and they only take a few minutes to make.  Cream of tarter is important in this recipe because  it helps distinguish the taste between a butter cookie and a snickerdoodle and helps with that nice chewy texture.

Snickerdoodles are one of those cookies that I only like when they’re homemade. When you buy them from the store they’re always flat and crunchy, which I hate! I love them thicker, with a tiny bit of crisp on the outside and a super soft and chewy inside. I’m here to tell ya, this recipe is a Winner!

INGREDIENTS
  • 1/2 cup butter , softened
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar (for rolling the dough balls in)
  • 1 Tablespoons ground cinnamon (for rolling the dough balls in)
INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Cream together butter, shortening, and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
  3. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and stir until combined. 
  4. Shape dough by spoonfuls into balls. I grease my hands with cooking spray since the dough is slightly sticky. I also like to put one finished tray of rolled cookies in the fridge while I"m rolling the second. Then when you're ready to roll them in cinnamon and sugar they are easier to handle.
  5. Please Visit The Best Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodles for full instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment