Friday, February 10, 2017

CAULIFLOWER BUFFALO BITES

Buffalo Chicken Wings are one of my favorite appetizers and one of our favorite restaurants serves the best! I’m still trying to perfect a copycat recipe so I’ll let you know when I do. So, this post is not to say that I’ll never eat chicken wings again, 

but Cauliflower Buffalo Bites are so tasty and full of the perfect Buffalo chicken wing goodness without all the bad fat from the wing skins. Plus if like me, you have someone in your house who doesn’t eat meat (in our case a young person who won’t eat chicken since we have pet chickens), this is the perfect option for them.

RECIPES BY gooddinnermom [THANK YOU]




Ready in less than 30 minutes, the cauliflower bakes twice in the oven. The cauliflower first goes in with some dry seasonings and gets roasted just enough and then tossed with the wing sauce and butter (coconut oil works great for vegan option).

I absolutely love these. My husband (who loathes cruciferous veggies) actually loved them too! Great way to sneak in some healthy eats!I made these last week-end and they were awesome, great for low carb diet and gives you your buffalo chicken fix minus the chicken! Love it!


Ingredients
  • 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
  • Olive oil to drizzle
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter. Use coconut oil for vegan option
  • 1/2 to *3/4 cup Frank's Buffalo Wing Style hot sauce or other hot wing sauce of choice
  • Other: 1 gallon or larger size plastic bag
  • *I probably use about 2/3 cup of hot sauce and they have just enough heat.


Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
  2. Place cauliflower florets into plastic bag. Drizzle olive oil over florets to barely coat.


No comments:

Post a Comment