Friday, February 17, 2017

S’Mores Cheesecake Recipe

So my mom and my sister were in town last week for a dance competition. My sister is a dancer and I love it when her competitions are in town because that means I can go see them and see her dance.

When I told mom that I was coming by to watch, she said that baby girl asked for some cheesecake. Well, of course I said “yes!” Then, get this, mom tells me that she asked for a cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. Um…I’m totally offended at that point.

The first night I went to watch her compete, I went backstage to congratulate her and ask what’s with the “store-bought-cheesecake-request?” Of course she gives me the whole “I didn’t want to bother you,” and “I didn’t want you to go out of your way to make a cheesecake.” It’s like she doesn’t know me at all! Asking me to buy a cheesecake is like a slap in a face and since when do I ever turn down making a cheesecake? I get to play with a new cheesecake recipe and I get a slice. What’s the bother?!



Ingredients
  • Crust:
  • 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 5 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
  • ¾ cup mini chocolate morsels
  • 1 cup marshmallows
  • Cheesecake:
  • 4 8 oz packs of cream cheese softened
  • ½ cup sour cream
  • 2 eggs
  • ¾ cup heavy cream
  • ¾ cup white granulated sugar
  • 2 Tbsp corn starch
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • Topping:
  • 10 oz hot fudge topping warmed
  • 2 cups marshmallows

Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 and grease a 9 inch spring form. You will need a large roasting pan (one that’s bigger and longer than the spring form. I use the aluminum foil disposable ones.)
  2. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Mix very well.
  3. Spread crumb mixture in the bottom on the spring form, evenly, pressing it over the bottom and half way up the sides.
  4. Spread mini chocolate morsels and marshmallows over the bottom, evenly.
  5. In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy. Scrape sides and bottom on the bowl and beat for another minute.
  6. Add corn starch and sugar and mix until combined.
  7. ......................


for full instruction please see : www.willcookforsmiles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment