Monday, February 6, 2017

Tomato Basil Turkey Meatloaf

Let’s talk about this Tomato Basil Turkey Meatloaf people.  The other night Matt and I were making a meatloaf, which we do all the time, when I realized I have never put a recipe on my site for one!!  I seriously didn’t believe it and searched my blog for one and NOTHING! I apologize! I think my hesitation has been that they aren’t the prettiest things to photograph and are SO easy to make – but that is the best right?  Who wants pretty meatloaf anyways.  

When we make meatloaf it always turns into an Italian meatloaf because we just gravitate towards the oregano and basil once the tomato paste goes in! So I thought I would actually measure things this time and put together a solid recipe – which this definitely is! I love meatloaf for many reasons but the main one is that it could not be easier to make.  We make meatballs a lot too and this is basically the same thing without all of that effort to form them into balls.  Just plop the whole thing on a baking sheet and free form it into a loaf like shape – pour some stuff on top and bake!

RECIPES BY littlebitsof [THANK YOU]

Delicious! Turned out really well, making this whole 30 even easier. I did add some fresh parsley and chopped onion to the meat mixture. Also doubled the topping mix.

Easy recipe. I used a small loaf pan and cooked for 40 mins. Pretty good though it still needed more flavor. I added onion but next time will try mixing minced garlic and sun dried tomatoes.

Delicious! Used coconut flour in the loaf, and fire roasted tomatoes on the top. Make sure to check middle at 30 minutes... needed an additional 10 min on ours.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • ¼ cup ALMOND FLOUR
  • 2 tablespoons TOMATO PASTE
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon GARLIC POWDER
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Topping:
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • ¼ cup CHOPPED TOMATOES
  • 1 tablespoon APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
  • 1 tablespoon chopped basil
  • Pinch of salt


Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl combine turkey, almond flour, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, 3 tablespoons chopped basil, egg, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Mix until evenly combined. Ball up all of the meat mixture and place on a foil lined baking sheet, then form it into a loaf shape, about 8 inches x 4 inches in shape.
  2. Visit Tomato Basil Turkey Meatloaf By https://littlebitsof.com/ For Full Instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment